Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

BSOD in games randomly...


Hi there. I've spoke to Microsoft but they were useless (no offence) in terms of their support. So I am seeing if you guys can help me out. My PC randomly bluescreens in games, it's in a 12 month warranty period (1 month old) but idk if it's a simple issue or not. I don't want to just be without it for like 4 weeks if the issue is simple to fix.
What has been happening is that I keep getting a bluescreen after 1-3 hours (random) in a game, regardless of whatever game it is. I've tried it with Skyrim, GTA San Andreas, and Minecraft, all of which have caused it to blue screen after prolonged periods of time. I have checked my heating with the specifications program 'Speccy', which reports that my CPU is (I believe incorrectly) operating at 85 celcius!
I have attached the file that was needed by you. I would also like to specify that the error relates to CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION with an error code of 0x00000109. I used "BlueScreenView" and it gave me the following information:
Caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe
Caused by address: ntoskrnl.exe+142770
In case you want the specifications of the system, they are as follows:
  • Lenovo H50-55 Computer. Purchase Date - December 2015.
  • AMD A10-7800 APU Quad Core
  • AMD Radeon R7 240 GPU
  • 12GB DDR3 RAM
  • Lenovo-Branded motherboard (not sure which specifically, think it's Bantry CRB)
  • 2TB Seagate HDD
  • Windows 10 64-Bit Home Edition

And back to that temperature thing, here is a screenshot after 1 hour of web browsing:

Thank you for your assistance.
  • BENS-PC-26_01_2016_115027_51.zip (467.4 KB, 1 views)

Hi makeitbundem322,

What have you done so far?
Possible link(s) to other thread(s) from you?

Please fill in your system specs
Please follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.
How to fill in your system specs:


I haven't tried much so far, this is really my first forum that I've seeked help on. I have tried contacting Microsoft however, which given me no real answer so I just left the chat. Some stuff i've tried would include:
  • Enabling/Disabling dual graphics - Takes longer to blue screen but still happens
  • Other games - it does it on most games, as I said, regardless of age. The one it does it on most frequently though is Skyrim.

Not sure if it's just a little faulty driver or a major system failure, but it happens when i'm in games after a while and it's really annoying now.
About the specs, they're in my profile now. Any ideas? Thank you.

Please check Lenovo for driver updates for the sata drivers.
After updating test your system and see if it has improved, if the stability is the same please try enabling driver verifier.




Diagnostic Test
 DRIVER VERIFIER

   Warning
Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
Please create a restore point.

Please follow this tutorialto run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

   Note
Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

BSOD in games randomly...