Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Computer bsod, freezes, and turns off randomly


Hi,

For the past few weeks my desktop has been blue screening, turning off randomly, and freezing. I am currently typing this thread on my phone because my PC would freeze within 5 minutes of turning it on. That means that I am unable to attach my dump files unto here.

Some BSODs I got (wrote them down when they happened):
Critical_process_died
Page_fault_in_non-paged_tree (my handwriting isn't so clear)
Computer info:
Windows 10 - original OS was win7 (I got win 10 as soon as it came out)
1st generation i7 2600 (not sure if this is exact model - this is from the top of my head)
8gb ram
1000 gb hard drive
Dell xps 8300
Nvidia 530 gt 1024mb
PC is 5-6 years old
I currently Have AVG antivirus and had panda few days ago - BSODs showed up with both.

Sometimes the PC would be normal for a week or two and then it would continuously crash for another week. And then this same cycle again (good for a week then crashes again for another... Etc)

After it started crashing I cleaned the PC from any dust (the vents were clogged). It stopped crashing for a month, then came back again. I monitored for temp issues, but it was fine unless I am rendering a video on Sony Vegas (got to 84C). At normal times temp was around 45 if idle, in the 50s if browsing the internet, and low 70smif gaming. I barely game - all the crashes occur when I am browsing (which is what I do most of the time)


Typing all this on my phone is really annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried running in Safe Mode with Networking?

When you boot up, as soon as possible, click on the Power icon in the Start Menu then press and hold the Shift key and click on Restart. Make selections to get to Safe mode.

If it runs okay there, try running DM_Log_collector there then upload the zip file here.

Thank you for replying. Here it is

Computername-Tue_06_14_2016__03900_98.zip

bump. Some help please

Patience, we are all volunteers here.

Please fill out your System Specs so we know what your hardware is.

How to fill out System Specs for windowssh blog.
See here: System Specs - Fill in at windowssh blog


The first dump, 6/9 has this:

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PSINProt.sys  *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PSINProt.sys    Could not read faulting driver name  Probably caused by : PSINProt.sys ( PSINProt+cedb )
PSINProt.sys is part of Panda Security so it looks like part of Panda is still installed.

Please run Panda Generic Uninstaller to make sure all of it is gone.

Also get rid of AVG for now, use the built-in Windows Defender. You can use whatever one you want once this problem is fixed.
AVG Remover tool

Dump also shows this:
Code:
ffffd000`231c6488  fffff801`68a5609aUnable to load image ??C:Program Files (x86)Malwarebytes Anti-Exploitmbae64.sys, Win32 error 0n2  *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mbae64.sys  *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mbae64.sys   mbae64+0x609a
Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-exploit and see if the BSODs are taken care of.

I am sorry for being a bit impatient. It's really awesome that you guys are volunteers

Anyways, I am typing this as the software is being uninstalled. I just updated my system specs. I left some of the ones I don't know blank. If you need to know any of them please let me know.

I will update you whether the BSODs disappear after I uninstall them. I appreciate your help.


-qazwsxm

System Specs look good. Let's hope Panda was the problem.

I have been using the computer for the past 24 hours and no problems

Thank you for your help.

Great. Good luck.

Sigh...

I did not get any BSOD, but my computer froze and started making a buzzing sound. I forced shut it down as a result. I was watching a Youtube video when it occurred. My graphics driver was not updated, so I am updating it right now - hoping that it is the problem.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Computer bsod, freezes, and turns off randomly