Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Computer crashed and wont restart


My Lenovo PC suddenly shut down today and when I restarted it I got a BSOD with a 'bad pool header' message. I did eventually restart but soon shut down again with a 'k mode exception not handled' message. Now when I restart I get a blue page 'RECOVERY Your computer could not start properly. A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error: 0xc0000225.'

I have a windows 10 system repair disk but when I try and boot from it I get 'non system disk or disk error'.

I recently (2 weeks ago) replaced the hard drive because the old one was showing SMART errors. I cloned the old disk to an identical disk and it seemed to be going fine until today.

Not sure quite what to do next.

Boot from a Windows 10 Recovery Media...


Trouble Shoot -> Advanced Options -> Command Prompt

CMD> bootrec /scanos
CMD> bootrec /rebuildbcd
CMD> bootrec /fixmbr
CMD> bootrec /fixboot



Reboot.

I don't have a windows 8 recovery disk. Not sure how to get one. I do have my old hard drive (which is still working) and a SATA-USB connector. Would that help? Also, I have an external backup drive.

You should repair the MBR with Recover Media. If you need help finding recovery media, it's made available on Microsoft's website.

Please check if the Windows 10 media disk is damaged (if it has scratches or something)

I was able to get a flash drive with repair media off another windows 10 computer I have. I opened command prompt and input CMD> bootrec /scanos. I then hit return and typed CMD> bootrec /rebuildbcd. It responded 'process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process'. I got the same response with fixmbr and fixboot. Am I doing something wrong?

Please make a photo of the command prompt and post it.

I was typing the command prompts improperly and managed to run the following:
Trouble Shoot -> Advanced Options -> Command Prompt

CMD> bootrec /scanos
CMD> bootrec /rebuildbcd
CMD> bootrec /fixmbr
CMD> bootrec /fixboot

When I ran rebuildbcd, it asked, do I want to add installation to boot list? I answered yes and the response was 'requested system device cannot be found' Fixmbr and fixboot both ran sucessfully. When I rebooted the computer a blue page came up with' boot configuration data for PC is missing or contains errors. File efimicrosoftootbcd. error 0xc000000f.'




Please run following commands in command prompt and make a photo of command prompt
Code:
diskpart list volume
An example of how it looks like

This is what I got.
  • IMG_2096.zip (2.97 MB, 7 views)

Computer crashed and wont restart