Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA on a new computer


Hi guys, I'm relatively new to computing so I was wondering if I could have some help. I recently made this computer and have had 3 or 4 BSOD's. I opened the minidump of the last crash and it says:
"*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl63a.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl63a.sys"

I've looked that up and it seems to be a broadcom 802.11 wireless driver. Does anyone know anything about this and could maybe help me (using easy to understand terms )

Thanks in advance

BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 blog

Here is the DM Logs.
  • DESKTOP-LTNG93V-22_12_2015_141829_50.zip (530.3 KB, 1 views)

Besides of Avast, do you use any other protection software?
A firewall driver has been flagged, however I can't find this driver in the logs.
Driver Reference Table - afw.sys
Code:
ffffd000`232fe478  fffff801`942344a6Unable to load image SystemRootsystem32DRIVERSafw.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for afw.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for afw.sys  afw+0x44a6
If you are overclocking anythingrevert back to stock while troubleshooting.
Code:
CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz" MaxSpeed:     3300 CurrentSpeed: 3625

Thanks for a fast response. I was using Bullguard antivirus but I uninstalled it because I thought it might be causing the problem, so apart from avast I can't think of anything else.

How did you remove Bullguard?
The driver is a firewall driver from Agnitum, Agnitum software is implemented in BullGuard software.

I can't remember . I think I used the uninstaller. Do you think it's causing the issue? I have it on my laptop as well and I have never had this BSOD on it.

I think an improper removal caused the network driver to be flagged, but I could be wrong.

Is this file, afw.sys, present in the following location?
%SystemRoot%system32DRIVERS

Press windows logo + r to search and copy paste it in the search function.

Yes, it is there, however I was getting the BSOD before I uninstalled it.

I think I am in the wrong way of troubleshooting.
It seems Avast has also implemented Agnitum software.

Please uninstall Avast and use Windows Defender while troubleshooting
Avast - Uninstall Completely - Windows 7 Help blog

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA on a new computer