Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Please, I need some help with colors


Windows 10 is great but one thing I miss from my old Vista system is the variety of colors you got in creating your theme and background. The 24 background colors we are given are not all I want. I must admit that I don't know how to work with the color and theme options to their fullest advantage in this new system and Windows 10 Support hasn't gotten around to creating a decent tutorial about it yet. Suppose I want to make my background color a pale pink; I've worked with the color mixer but I can't get to that shade no matter how I manipulate the three sliders. Then I don't know how to get the custom color to be one of the background choices. Is it possible to mix two colors together to get a third? I would appreciate any help as per other programs available to get more variety into the color palettes.

If there is no way to do this, how can I effectively make my voice heard to Microsoft to advocate for a change on this issue?

Thank you.

Judy

Does this help at all?
'Personalize (classic)' context menu - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 blog

You can use the feedback built in to Win 10 e.g. windows key + ? or type 'feedback' in your Cortana search bar.

Also post on e.g. a technet forum.

So far, I have received no answers to any of my posts. I would appreciate the courtesy of a reply. All I want to know is how to add a custom color to Accent colors. The recommended ways that Windows gives (control color and the sliders) do not give me the colors I want. I have tried to edit the registry according to the instructions of some of the websites out there but no luck. Is there a place that Windows 10 stores colors and can you add a custom color in there? Under what extension (such as .doc or .exe, are the colors stored?

No one answered mine, either, Tindomerel. I may have put it in the wrong place, but it was about adding colors as well. I guess that's not considered important?

You can add up to eight colors if I remember correctly using Winaerotweaker in the custom accents tab.

Thanks, Sonic Blue. I read that winareo tweaker was a possible source of viruses? And is this the onlyway to get color on two browsers? I'm not very techie, as indicated by my user name.

Thanks, Sonic Blue. I read that winareo tweaker was a possible source of viruses? And is this the onlyway to get color on two browsers? I'm not very techie, as indicated by my user name.
not sure what you want. Some browsers like chrome do not default to system colors. I don't recommend high contrast anymore since all the updates have altered there affects.
Mostly now I just turn off the Automatically pick accent color in Settings/Personalization/Colors and add this sub context menu to the right click context menu. 'Personalize (classic)' context menu - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 blog[1]=Context%20Menu

I use both IE and Edge. I have color in IE, but am not allowed to add it to Edge. I do need a darker background to see the icons as I have vision problems.

Please, I need some help with colors