Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Yahoo accounts attacked.


I get my satellite tv and landline broadband from SKY. They have just announced on their home page that Yahoo have been the victims of a cyber attack in "late 2014".
A bit slow telling us, don't you think?
I cannot remember when SKY became associated with Yahoo, I thought it was last year, but my memory for dates is very dubious.
Does anyone have more info on this?

Yes, lots more info is here:

Thanks, I've added WSF to my favourites, lots of study required.

Yeah, notifying people 2 years after the fact.. someone dropped the ball a bit.

Yahoo! is inferior in security management. That is why I deleted my Yahoo! e-mail account permanently. People that work for it are not doing their jobs properly. Shame.

I cannot remember when SKY became associated with Yahoo, I thought it was last year, but my memory for dates is very dubious.
April 2013, quite a chaotic migration, apparently....
BSkyB punters drown in MASSIVE MYSTERY Yahoo! mail! migration!

Telly'n'broadband giant falls out with Google Gmail

I think I should be ok as my password has been changed since 2014.

I think I should be ok as my password has been changed since 2014.
It is your decision to pose yourself as an easy target for hackers. Not my fault if they get you regardless of the password change or not.

Any suggestions as to a secure browser? Or they all the same? Changing may be "out of the frying pan into the fire".

You can check, if your email is listed here Find the source of your leaks.

Any suggestions as to a secure browser? Or they all the same?
All major browsers are sandboxed and pretty much equally safe. Just make sure to keep them updated.

Which Is the Most Secure Browser for 2016 – Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari - SensorsTechForum.com

You might want to change DNS to avoid some phishing and malware webpages.

Top 10 Best Public DNS Servers & Fastest DNS Servers 2016

Yahoo accounts attacked.