Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Microsoft apologizes for offending OneDrive fans, but won't restore un


"While we are not changing our plans," the announcement continues, it is taking another crack at clarifying the changes and making one new offer that will grandfather in some of the old limits for existing OneDrive users.

Here are the details:
• Subscribers to Office 365 non-business editions (Home, Personal, and University), will receive 1 TB of OneDrive storage per user. For the small number of OneDrive users who had their storage allotment boosted to 10 TB and have used some or all of that space, the extra storage will continue to be available for at least 12 months. A full refund is available for any customer who isn't satisfied with that decision.
• Anyone with a free OneDrive account who currently has more than 5 GB of content stored will receive one free year of Office 365 Personal, which includes 1 TB of storage. This offer will arrive via email early next year.
• For OneDrive customers who currently have a 15 GB free storage allotment and a 15 GB camera roll bonus, Microsoft is offering to preserve those features, but only for those who opt in using a special link, which is valid until January 31, 2016. (I'll update this post with that link as soon as it's available.)
•All OneDrive customers with free accounts who do not opt in to the loyalty offer will see their free storage cut to 5 GB and the camera roll bonus will disappear.


Microsoft apologizes for offending OneDrive fans, but won't restore unlimited storage | ZDNet


   Tip
Click to keep your 15 GB OneDrive storage before you lose it




The link in the article is available:
see the link in the article:

The main thing I want Microsoft to tell me about OneDrive is how to completely uninstall every trace of it from my Win10 PCs. If they want to apologize for something, it can be about not making clear how to do that earlier.

Thanks for the info

Good to know we can keep the storage

The main thing I want Microsoft to tell me about OneDrive is how to completely uninstall every trace of it from my Win10 PCs. If they want to apologize for something, it can be about not making clear how to do that earlier.
You can uninstall the app, if that's what you want. It will probably delete anything you have stored there, but, if that's what you want to do. Afraid I can't test that for you because I do not want to completely uninstall every trace of it from my Win10 PCs. I find it useful and convenient. Your machine, your call.....

I have opted in to keep storage

Opted in, thanks for the link.

The link in the article is available:
see the link in the article:
Thanks for the link.
Jeff

I really wish they'd give an update about placeholders/smartfiles. That's really all that I want back.
Everything I keep on there is basically junk stuff from my phone and tablet. xD

Thanks for the link though, I have grown comfortable with my free 30GB of storage. I will admit that.

Thanks for that info!

Microsoft apologizes for offending OneDrive fans, but won't restore un