Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu


See tutorial:


  1. ​Right click on the Start Button and select "Run"
  2. Type "regedit"
  3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Explorer>Advance
  4. Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value, call it "EnableXamlStartMenu" without the quote marks
  5. Restart Explorer


just done it on mine as i perfer that start menu to new one

Thanks Dave but it was working for me anyway. I saw Jimbo had a problem with it and I assumed it was VMware.

Can I ask - are you running in a VM or not?

Thanks Dave but it was working for me anyway. I saw Jimbo had a problem with it and I assumed it was VMware.

Can I ask - are you running in a VM or not?
no i got it on a spare hard drive not VM perfer to run it on real hardware rather that vm to test everything works

Hi interesting,
Could you post a screen shot of the results and try to stack a few small icons vertically

That is one thing I like to do stack vertically in a single row but now the width is twice as wide as it was prior but the old right column would not stack a single row
Thanks for sharing
Cheers.

Here is a ss, I wondered about it to. It works as you can see in properties that customize is no longer shaded out




as you can see it works fine



as you can see it works fine
The only thing is that you can make fully customize your start menu if you don't live in the US.



Mine;

Hi there
Doesn't work for me
@Dave44

Do you have to set the Dword to 1. Doesn't seem to make any difference for me.

I suspect that on a laptop with average resolution 1366 X 768 the setting might not work anyway.

Cheers
jimbo
  

Hi there
Doesn't work for me

Cheers
jimbo
hi did you drop the quote makes when renamed folder in registry

see Bunnys didn't work either as he still on new start menu

Thanks for that workaround.

How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu