Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

BSOD on Shutdown (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)


Everytime I shut my computer down, it does not turn off. The display turns off and everything else still is on. I have to press the power button to turn it off after this. I know this is a blue screen because the reliability monitor reports it as one. I am almost certain it is not hardware but my display driver acting up. It only does this during the shutdown phase. I uploaded the latest dump file on it. This has happened three times this month and I am wary of attempting to even shut down my computer in fear of loosing data. Also Sleep Mode disappeared due to this and I want it back.SFC reports no corruption either. Can I have any suggestions on what to do?
  • CVS-COMPUTER-02_25_2016__82041_15.zip (873.6 KB, 5 views)

If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:


Uninstall Avast and use Windows Defender as alternative
Avast - Uninstall Completely - Windows 7 Help blog
Code:
ffffd000`657feaf8  fffff801`6f0db89cUnable to load image SystemRootsystem32driversaswSP.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys  aswSP+0x3b89c
There is only 1 dump where an Avast driver is flagged, based on that ground only 1 suggestion where I hope it'll be enough.

Okay i'll try these thing when I get home, but I fear it may not be AVAST. Does AVAST have Windows 10 problems? I mean its only during shutdown. Again, I do want to report that it doesn't show a BSOD. The monitor just turns off and the computer stays running until I press the powerbutton once and I am using the shutdown button in the start menu.

It may not be Avast only, Avast has been flagged.

There will certainly be issues with Avast and W10, but I haven't done any research for that.

The link you sent me tells me to use control panel to uninstall Avast without using that method. Should I continue with the method without control panel?

I posted a link to a tutorial which explains
  • how to use the Avast removal tool and
  • another tool that removes left behind traces that the removal tool sometimes forget.

I'm not sure what link you saw?

Okay so for some reason I tried one more shutdown to see if the issue is fixed as I reinstalled my graphics driver. And I was able to shut down fully without problem this time. I'll try the Avast uninstallation if I get the BSOD again.

Ok, keep me posted

BSOD on Shutdown (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)