Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Thanks!


Recently installed the nvidia gtx 950 onto my device and got the dreaded security kernel failure. I have loaded the latest drivers on the nvidia site. No other changes in hardware. Need some help with this. Ran the usual chkdsk, etc.

Thanks!
  • DAVID-PC-Mon_05_09_2016_192034_46.zip (1.25 MB, 7 views)

You mean KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, Stop 0x00000139?

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: BSOD Minidump - Configure to Create in Windows 10
Go to Option Two, "Small Memory Dump". Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:WindowsMinidump or%SystemRoot%Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

In the mean time, keep your IObit product uninstalled. Is is showing some errors there.
Code:
Event[42154]:   Log Name: System    Service Control Manager   Date: 2016-05-09T19:18:30.940   Event ID: 7000   Task: N/A   Level: Error   Opcode: N/A   Keyword: Classic   User: N/A   User Name: N/A   Computer: David-PC   Description:  The LiveUpdateSvc service failed to start due to the following error:  The system cannot find the file specified.
Personally, I would never allow an IObit program to sneak in my computer.

You said in your comments not to use IO Bit but I do not have it installed on my device.

You said in your comments not to use IO Bit but I do not have it installed on my device.
Then why would I say it???
Code:
LiveUpdate    LiveUpdateSvc    Stopped    Auto    Own Process    c:program files (x86)iobitliveupdateliveupdate.exe    Normal    LocalSystem    0

Checked and there is no IOBIT folder listed on the drive but there was a registry key for the service which I have now removed. I also know now that there is no mini dump. Changed my system settings for a small dump bit with 16 gigs of ram I do not use a pagefile so will that hamper the dump?

This explanation will be needed at first ....
Checked and there is no IOBIT folder listed on the drive but there was a registry key for the service which I have now removed.
If there is no IOBit software installed at all, how the registry entry came? I think this question covers a big area of a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD, because the general explanation of this BSOD is ...
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure.The corruption
could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine
.
If I have been in your place, I would have done a clean reinstall of windows at this stage. I hope you can understand why I am saying it.

I will have to agree and do a clean install at this point. Just to be sure. I appreciate all the help from everyone.

Thanks!