Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Multiple Crashes, Freezes and BSOD's


I have had a long history of issues with this PC, involving a mixture of Crashes (like cable being pulled out full black screen), freezes (unresponsive and audio plays on loop), and BSOD's. I fixed the first set of issues by moving my RAM onto a different channel, and since then issues came and went, usually lasting a month or two and then it being stable with no issues for a few months and then something else would come back.
I had a few issues that were fixed about a month back, so I decided to upgrade to windows 10, Within a day I got a freeze, and since then I have had one BSOD one Crash and 5 or more Freezes. I have tried updating all the drivers I could think of, and tried checking event viewer to no affect.
Regarding the BSOD I know which driver caused it and believe it isn't an issue any more, its mainly the freezes I would like to fix. I have stress tested my hardware a lot and I never encounter any errors with it, however if recommended I will happily test again.
So does anyone have any ideas on how to start tackling these problems, and hopefully coming to a permanent fix?
Thanks for your time
buncieboy
PS I know this isnt really about BSOD, but I didnt know if here was the right place to post it

Lets see if the logs show anything that could cause a freeze
Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

Sorry I missed that, here you go! ETHANHOME-PC-05_05_2016_213048_34.zip

Have you done a clean install since your upgrade?

I have analyzed the dump, I think you're aware of it that it looks like a Razer driver is flagged?
Did you also know that the Norton heuristics & Real Time Storage Protection drivers are flagged?

I see many Windows Update failures.



Diagnostics Test
 System File Check

Please try following:
  • Open an admin command prompt
  • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
  • When it finished reboot your system
  • Open again an admin command prompt
  • Enter sfc/scannow again

If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at %systemroot%LogsCBS, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

No I only upgraded a few days ago, haven't had a chance to, I didn't know the drivers are flagged, what does this mean and what should I do about it?
People always say that, but my windows is fully up to date I assure you, I had the same issue on another form where he saw it as not updated, but when I look at windows update it had all updates installed. Any ideas about that?
Running sfc/scannow now, will keep you informed!
Thanks for the help and quick reply

Which do you mean? The Razer drivers or the Norton drivers or both?

Windows does a few attempts to install the updates when they failed to install in a matter of time, this makes a user not aware of the failures in most cases.

Both. Like what would you recommend I start doing to actively fixing these issues?

Update/reinstall the drivers from Razer and remove Norton while troubleshooting would my suggestion be.

Will do that now! Will get back to you once SFC has finished.
Thanks for your time

You're welcome

Multiple Crashes, Freezes and BSOD's