Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Internet Explorer is much to slow


Hi !
On my destop, Internet Explorer takes far too much time to open and I don't see why. The problem arised recently but I cannot remind of any event which could explain the situation. I know I can use Edge, which is a good browser, but I still like some I.E. features. I had a look on the settings but i didn't found anything unusual. Is there anyone who can give me some ideas on what I can do ? I would be grateful.
mminos

1. By default, Edge is the default browser. Have you switched default to IE11 ?
2. Open IE11 > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab at the top > click Reset... > OK when done.
3. You said " The problem arised recently ....".
Does that mean IE11 used to be running fine until recently ?
If yes, do a system restore. Pick a date when IE11 was running fine as your restore point.
System Restore Windows 10

Thank you davidhk,
Point 1 - The system was uptodate
Point 2 - I reset I.E. according to your instructions : the situation has not changed.
Point 3 - As I made a repair install four days ago in order to solve other problems I have no restore point anymore.
I am afraid I have no other solution than working with Edge.
Regards

Just to make sure..................
You replied " Point 1 - The system was uptodate"
I was asking if you have set IE11 as default browser.

This may have no effect as well but no harm trying.
Go to Programs and Features > left side, click Turn Windows features on or off > scroll to Internet Explorer 11 > UN-check the box > OK > reboot.
Repeat the above steps BUT this time check the box > OK > reboot.
See if it makes any difference.

If no help, then use Edge until you find a solution.

mminos,
Since your problem has not be resolved, please UN-mark this thread as Solved.
Thank you.

davidh,
First, I apologize for the the mistake I made in the first point on my previous post : I.E. was set as the default browser.
Now coming back to your last recommandation : I unchecked I.E. in Windows features, then I checked it again, infortunately without success.
Thanks for your help !

OK. Have fun with Edge.
Sorry I am of no help to you.
Good luck.

davidh,
First, I apologize for the the mistake I made in the first point on my previous post : I.E. was set as the default browser.
Now coming back to your last recommandation : I unchecked I.E. in Windows features, then I checked it again, infortunately without success.
Thanks for your help !
Well you could try installing a 2nd browser, like Chrome or Firefox, both of those are faster than IE11 just a option for you to consider.

To Oldmike65
Thank you for your advice !
All the best
mminos

You can use Google chrome or Mozilla firefox browser.

Internet Explorer is much to slow