Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Problems in User Account, not appearing in Admin Account (store, sfc)


I have not found anything like my problem on any forum or thread. In my Administrator Account the Windows Store opens and I can install Apps. I expected those same Apps I just installed to appear in my User Account, they did not. Both my Admin and User accounts are Microsoft accounts.

In my User Account my Windows Store will not open (see image 1 below). I tried to use Command Prompt - Admin to run WSReset.exe (see image 2 below).
Then I tried to use a .bat file to re-register Windows Store (guess what? yeah see image 3 below).

I ran SFC /SCANNOW in both my Admin and USER accounts. No problems were found in either account. I noticed SFC ran in less than 30 minutes in my Admin account, but SFC took just over TWO HOURS to run in my User account.

My only idea at this point is to DELETE my User account and reinstall it. I thought I might reach out for other suggestions before doing that.

All replies are appreciated.





   

I should think you could delete it for it sounds corrupted.

User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 blog

User Account - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 blog

I should think you could delete it for it sounds corrupted.
Deleted and Reinstalled my User account. Ran Ccleaner and did restart before Reinstall. NO CHANGE - User Account still has the same problems.

In that case, you might consider doing a repair install.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

In that case, you might consider doing a repair install.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
I used the ISO file repair install. The Windows Store now opens and installs from both Accounts.

The only problem I found was that MBAM would not open in my User Account. I used the MBAM uninstall tool then reinstalled MBAM. Everything works fine now. THANK YOU.

Perhaps I should have Uninstalled MBAM before doing the Windows 10 Repair Install. I left Windows Defender running with no problems. The Windows 10 Repair Install clearly states remove any third party Anti-Virus program before running the procedure.

Link to MBAM clean uninstall and reinstall process.

I used the ISO file repair install. The Windows Store now opens and installs from both Accounts.

The only problem I found was that MBAM would not open in my User Account. I used the MBAM uninstall tool then reinstalled MBAM. Everything works fine now. THANK YOU.

Great news David.

Great news David.
I have even better news.After my Original Upgrade to Windows 10, I had problems found by
SFC /SCANNOW that could not be repaired by SFC or DISM. Now my SFC scans are CLEAN.

After the ISO file repair install >Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
I checked for and installed Windows Updates.

I had to right click on my clock (bottom right of Desktop) and change it to the correct time zone.

I also had toopen my Mail App and for each email account I opened SETTINGS then OPTIONS and CHECKED the BANNERS and SOUNDS boxes (they were unchecked).

I hesitate to post this but my EMAIL notifications are working perfectly.

The ISO file repair install could be the solution to the EMAIL NOTIFICATION problems.
If you or H.G. know anyone willing to try this as a solution I think it is worth suggesting.

Agreed. A repair install is a great last resort to avoid a clean install.

Agreed. A repair install is a great last resort to avoid a clean install.
Don't forget I did a CLEAN INSTALL yesterday or the day before (with the same ISO file).

Problems in User Account, not appearing in Admin Account (store, sfc)