Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Need new browser


I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell tablet. So far...Don't like Edge, uses too much memory. IE o.k. but freezes on certain web sites. Chrome, o.k. but having protocol problems.

one web site I need will not run Chrome because of an rc4 protocol security problem. Is there someway to get rc4 to work in Chrome?

Last option is Opera. I know nothing about it other than the rc4 security problem has been fixed in it.

Any help?

Firefox,. Cyberfox...

Firefox,. Cyberfox...
Isn't Firefox memory intensive? I only have 2 gigs on this tablet.

I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell tablet. IE o.k. but freezes on certain web sites.
See if you can fix the IE "freezes" issue........................

1. Clear browser cache:
Open IE11 > Tools > Internet Options > General tab > at Browsing history > click Delete > make sure the top 4 entries are checked > click Delete.

2. Reset IE if unstable:
Open IE11 > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab at the top > near the bottom, click Reset > you will need to restart afterwards.

Hopefully, IE11 will not freeze anymore.

I use firefox as my main browser, as a web designer/admin it's the most compatible browser around - IE is the least!!!

For starters install CleanMem Free, it was actually originally designed for memory leaks in Firefox.
There are many interesting browsers to choose from: Comparison of web browsers - Wikipedia
You might give a try: Maxthon Nitro - Midori A lightweight browser - The Pale Moon Project

milford,
Have you decided which browser to use ?
If yes, how is it, so far ?

Hey milford-

Isn't Firefox memory intensive? I only have 2 gigs on this tablet.
I think it might be taxing on the memory, however it is my defaulted browser as well.

HERE'Sa list of Chrome alternatives, if you think you might want to stay with a 'Chrome-based' browser. I also saw that CleanMemwas posted, which (IMHO) is a nice program to have as well. I've been using it for years and it does seem to work fine with Win-10.

b1rd

milford,
Have you decided which browser to use ?
If yes, how is it, so far ?
Safari. Only one, other than Edge that ignores/ allows for the rc4 security protocol.

Thanks for the update.

Need new browser