Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

updated Win 10 to (build 10586) and lost half of my favorites


Hi,
This morning prior to going to church I received a notification that a major Update for my Windows 10 Home (x64-bit)was ready to download and install so I went ahead and installed (Build 10586).

Everything seemed to go smoothly. However, I just realized I lost half of my Favorites. I have all my original Favorites from 'A' to 'M' but all the ones from 'N' to 'Z' are gone.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,
2harts4ever

Which browser ?
Normally they are stored in C:/Users > (Your name) > Favorites.

Morning CountMike,

I am using Edge.

My favorites were at the Folder you gave in your response. However, several that I had saved in the last week or two were missing. It is not the end of the world but I was just curious if updating Windows 10 yesterday morning could have caused it?

Thanks and regards,
2harts4ever

Did you try importing favorites again. ?

CountMike,

Yes ... but the only option it gave me was from Internet Explorer and the Favorites that I saved since installing Windows 10 weren't included.

Thanks and regards,
2harts4ever

I can't see it loosing only half.

CountMike,

Either could I but my Favorites are living proof it did ...lol However, it is not anything I am going to lose any sleep over. Since I first entered cyber space eons ago with Win95 I have come to accept that anything is possible when using computers.

I do appreciate all your feedback. I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Thanks and regards,
2harts4ever

CountMike,

Either could I but my Favorites are living proof it did ...lol However, it is not anything I am going to lose any sleep over. Since I first entered cyber space eons ago with Win95 I have come to accept that anything is possible when using computers.

I do appreciate all your feedback. I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Thanks and regards,
2harts4ever
I always keep backup of my favorites folder although I use Firefox 99% of the time. I have hundreds of bookmarks and would hate to loose them by accident.

I also have backups on my external disks. Unfortunately I back up once a month and the last one was before originally installing Win 10 so my most recent Favorites aren't included ....lol

Have a good day.

Thanks and regards,
2harts4ever

updated Win 10 to (build 10586) and lost half of my favorites