Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

All system icons are missing


I know this sounds like an easy fix but it is not. I have scoured the entire internet and experimented myself extensively on trying to fix this problem so I would be grateful if someone here would like to help me. The problem is this: I have Windows 10 Home and all of my icons have disappeared. I mean not only my desktop ones all of them I will include some screenshots so you guys can access the problem. This happened when I used the Winfix option in the Systemcare 9 Pro app. It told me the I have something wrong with sticky notes (I don't remember what is said I'm sorry) so I just clicked fix then all of my icons just disappeared, and it said the problem was fixed. I have tried running every troubleshooting method in the windows OS and I everything says everything is all fine. My personal theory is that either there is a setting for this that I can change back or that I have a problem in the registry (I do not back it up frequently sadly so I cannot load a backup) or the problem lies in a corrupted file (I have used sfc /scannow and it says nothing is wrong). I also am unable to access the properties option (Whenever I right click the menu comes up but when I click properties it won't open). If you guys cannot help me then I shall have to go to a tech repair place and get my computer fixed. Thank you for helping or trying to.
   

Do you have System Protection enabled?

I assume that ASC had a Rescue Center to Undo Changes?

I would suggest :

1. UNINSTALL Systemcare 9 Pro and refrain yourself from employing 3rd party programs until you have checked with people in the forum if the programs are safe to use.

It's never a good idea to mess with registry cleaner and all those snake-oil products.

2. Do a system restore . Pick a date BEFORE you ran Systemcare 9 Pro as your restore point.
System Restore Windows 10

I have tried the rescue center in ASC but that did not help and ASC is a well known and popular security and pc optimizer so I did not that it could do something like this. I used the winfix pro program in it and that is what broke the icons so I think that it is not the ASC. I will try to uninstall ASC and reboot my computer and see if that fixes it if that doesn't work I will recover an older version of windows 10. I will tell u guys if the uninstall and reboot work.

Perhaps you should read this Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 blog
If you like to play around with third party software you can take a look at a good image software, eg. Macrium Reflect Free

I am still confused on what an image software is but I am going to do the recovery option to keep files in the video you suggested but I would like to know what it means to delete apps and I get the settings part but what about the apps?
Will it delete all 3rd party apps or just apps from windows store?

Ill do the windows refresh and talk to u guys afterwards. Btw thank you all for the help

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
If you select "Keep personal files and apps" everything will be kept and if you select "Keep personal files only" the system will be like after a clean install with the addition of your personal files.
Good luck!

Hey guys thanks for all the help I was able to reinstall windows and that seemed to fix the problem. Now I get to reinstall all of my apps. UGGHHHH Oooh well seeya later if I get another problem.

All system icons are missing