Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Game Won’t Load


I’m trying to play the Windows 95 Who Wants to Be a Millionaire game on my Windows 10 computer, but the game will not start. I can successfully get the game to install, but not load; so it cannot be a problem with the disc. The little circle thing shows up for a few seconds and then nothing happens. I tried compatibility mode.

I’m trying to play the Windows 95 Who Wants to Be a Millionaire game on my Windows 10 computer, but the game will not start. I can successfully get the game to install, but not load; so it cannot be a problem with the disc. The little circle thing shows up for a few seconds and then nothing happens. I tried compatibility mode.
Talking about a 20 year old operating system game working on Windows 10 and compatibility mode only goes to Windows XP.
Not sure will get it to run.

For the record, the Disney painting game demo that comes with the game doesrun.

For the record, the Disney painting game demo that comes with the game doesrun.
Look at the tutorial i sent and run it as administrator. Drivers or some other Microsoft program might be needed that is not there or compatible, example NET Framework.

It didn’t work.

It didn’t work.
PC could be missing a certain NET Framework needed for this game or DirectX 9. Any error messages ? I saw few different editions of the game a 2nd and third edition.

I have played Doom 1 & 2 for Windows 95 on my Windows 10 and it worked great!
So maybe you have did something wrong while instaling, and probably you have installed many times.
But I supose that... Ummm... I don't know...
BUTT ( :P ) try to search on youtube some tutorials, tho there are not many...

There is no error message. It makes the screen 640x800 for a few seconds, and then stops and does nothing.

Look on the disc, open it in explorer might be something that did not install or get downloaded that needs to run the game as mentioned, i see it requires DirectX 9 for one. Graphic drivers up to date ? Have other older games installed and running ?

I GOT IT TO WORK!

I had to run from the disc itself and find the .exe file. Millionaire > Setup > HD > Millionaire.exe

Game Won’t Load