Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Alternative way to launch Task View ?


Hello everyone!

I'd love to map Windows 10's Task View to one of my mouse's buttons, but SetPoint*(the software for my Logitech mouse) does not support WinKey-based keyboard shortcuts, so mapping WinKey+Tab is impossible.

I was wondering if there is any alternative way to launch Task View,for instance:

  • a cmd commandto launch Task View?
  • an executable for Task View somewhere inside the system32folder or something, which I can create a manual shortcut to
  • maybe an alternative keyboard shortcut not involving WinKey?

Big thanks in advance, all the ideas are appreciated!

*I use SetPoint 6.32 for compatibility reasons, upgrading SetPoint to a new version (which supports Task View out of the box) is not an option because my mouse stops working properly.

Windows Key + Tab

Windows Key + Tab
Please read the question before posting an answer.

What can I say. I am an idiot.

Isn't clicking on the task view icon on the taskbar quick enough for you?

There maybe 3rd party software that enables you to do what you want.

maybe an alternative keyboard shortcut not involving WinKey?
You can use Autohotkey to remap the key:
AutoHotkey: macro and automation Windows scripting language

Thanks, I will take a look intogot it working with AHK using this simple script:
Code:
^!t::Send #{tab}
(Ctrl+Alt+T sends out WinKey+Tab).

However I'd much rather do this this with a simple shortcut or a .bat file, if possible.
I mean, it shouldbe possible, right? It's just some process getting fired up within the Explorer.

I mean, it shouldbe possible, right? I't just some process getting fired up within the Explorer.
Since there's no executable version of Task view, therefore you cannot create a shortcut/Bat. I suspect it is a COM Object and can be accessed using its CLSID with explorer. Unfortunately, it is a new feature and we don't have any info on its CLSID.

EDIT:At least you got it working until we find a better way. Autohotkey is light and takes only 1.9MB and does not take any resource

Yes, I got it all covered for now with AHK. Thanks for your suggestion and info!

If you download and install 'Logitech Options', your Alt/Tab mouse button will show Task View.

Alternative way to launch Task View ?