Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Homegroup problem (deeper than i thought)


Windows 10 both pc's.
-I have a desktop pc ( I call it A) and a laptop (I call it B). In the past B was part of a homegroup (with another pc).
B is not a part of any homegroup (i left the previous one). When i go to settings it says i can create a homegroup.
Now about A. When B is turned off, A it says i can create a homegroup. BUT the moment i turn on B, A says i can join a homegroup although there is no one created. I create a homegroup in Β and then i try to join with Α but says wrong password (of course).
-B is not part of any homegroup and it is turned off. I create a homegroup in A and then i turn on B to join it. The moment i turn on B, the homegroup in A disappeared and asks me (for A) to join a homegroup.
Is there a phantom homegroupin B which makes this mess?
What should i do?
Please help.

posting here as well, as i have roughly the same problem, hopefully the fix will help us both

deleted all files on every PC from the C:WindowsServiceProfilesLocalServiceAppDataRoamingPeerNetworking

PC A, clean install of win 10 (this PC was the original creator of the Homegroup on Win7)
Laptop B, joined homegroup (upgreade of win 10)
HTPC C Joined homegroup (upgreade of win 10)
HTPC D, joined homegroup upgreade of win 10)

PC A & Laptop B is on, PC A can't create a home group, but Laptop B can (i require PC A to be the main PC to create HG)
Switch on HTPC C and Laptop B changes from create homegroup to join homegroup

UPDATE:

got mine working, had to switch off all PC's apart from the PC i wanted to create the homegroup on, then i was able to create it, then switch on the other PC's and join the new homegroup

UPDATE:

got mine working, had to switch off all PC's apart from the PC i wanted to create the homegroup on, then i was able to create it, then switch on the other PC's and join the new homegroup
Doesnt work for me, as i explained in the second paragraph, the moment i turn on B, my previously created homegroup in A disappears and asks A to join some phantom homegroup in B.
Also deleted PeerNetworking files on both A and B doesnt work too. I have tested everything circulating in the net , i m here just in case an expert could give a solution..

Doesnt work for me, as i explained in the second paragraph, the moment i turn on B, my previously created homegroup in A disappears and asks A to join some phantom homegroup in B.
Also deleted PeerNetworking files on both A and B doesnt work too. I have tested everything circulating in the net , i m here just in case an expert could give a solution..
ok, hope you get it sorted out, i was going around in circles all afternoon due to it

Why do you want to create a homegroup? Filesharing? I never got a homegroup working.
For filesharing see for instance the thread:
My Wife's Win7 Macine Cannot Access my Win10 Machine.
Filesharing is possible without defining a homegroup.

Homegroup problem (deeper than i thought)