Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

How Do I Find My DVD Drive's Manufacturer?


In both BIOS and Device Manager, the name is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUC0N. When I searched the internet I couldn't find any useful information. In Device Manager, when I opened the driver's Properties dialog, for manufacturer it said, "Standard CD-ROM Drives." When I searched for that phrase, all I found was a 2006 Microsoft webpage which said that that phrase means that I need to go inside a folder which doesn't exist and edit a file which File Explorer can't find. I gather from the article that there's probably an error somewhere, but I don't know how to resolve it or what I can do instead.

unless you've changed it yourself, then most likely its made from whoever made your laptop. Look up your model on the web.

I believe the DVD drive is made by Hitachi.

Thanks. Lenovo told me to download a program called Nero. The download was problematic; I'm too tired to go into details. Anyway, now that I've installed it, as soon as I finish scanning for malware, I should get the information I'm looking for.

Thanks. Lenovo told me to download a program called Nero. The download was problematic; I'm too tired to go into details. Anyway, now that I've installed it, as soon as I finish scanning for malware, I should get the information I'm looking for.
Here's a nice free one that I use all the time:
CDBurnerXP: Free CD and DVD burning software

Thanks. I'm not quite sure whether I need more burn software than I already have, but I'll check it out when I have time.

Thanks. I'm not quite sure whether I need more burn software than I already have, but I'll check it out when I have time.
It's a nice tool and I think it's better than Nero.

Well Nero told me that the drive has every capability a DVD drive can have, so now the quest for video recording software begins.

HL = Hitachi - LG

Hitachi-LG Data Storage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks, but I tried the Hitachi site already. The only information I could find there was a claim that they make DVD drives. Nothing useful whatsoever. Anyway, like I said, Nero told me what I needed to know about the drive, so now I just need to find appropriate software.

How Do I Find My DVD Drive's Manufacturer?