Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Now Gone: Photosynth, Food & Drink, Health & Fitness, and Travel apps


Microsoft has begun notifying users that they will be shutting down several apps that include Photosynth, MSN Food & Drink, MSN Health & Fitness and MSN Travel. This strategy shift for Microsoft follows a plethora of other updates across the organization including revamping of the Windows Phone strategy, selling off Bing assets to Uber and of course moving its Bing Ad operations over to Aol.
Microsoft is shutting down its Photosynth, Food Fitness and Travel apps

Those are all on my uninstall list anyway. I've never used them. Sounds like not to many people do.

Nice more M$ bloat Gone.

didn't use these apps either and uninstalled them

but it makes me wary of using MS store apps when they close them so soon

I can't say that I have ever run any of those apps. Guess I personally won't miss them.

Good first step. Now waiting for them to get rid of Weather, Store, OneNote, OneDrive, Maps, Games, Cortana, People, Mail, Music, Movies/TV and Groove/XBox.

Regards,
GEWB

At least you can uninstall. You should see the crap on my iPhone, and Apple won't let you uninstall.

Good first step. Now waiting for them to get rid of Weather, Store, OneNote, OneDrive, Maps, Games, Cortana, People, Mail, Music, Movies/TV and Groove/XBox.

Regards,
GEWB
They already did that for you, its called windows 7.

Good first step. Now waiting for them to get rid of Weather, Store, OneNote, OneDrive, Maps, Games, Cortana, People, Mail, Music, Movies/TV and Groove/XBox.

Regards,
GEWB
Kidding aside, I actually use the weather app, and a couple of other ones. I wouldn't mind seeing some of those you listed as "install yourself, when needed" instead of installed by default though.

The Weather and mail app are all I need.

Now Gone: Photosynth, Food & Drink, Health & Fitness, and Travel apps