Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Event 7043: The Delivery Optimization service did not shut down


To be more complete:

"The Delivery Optimization service did not shut down properly after receiving a preshutdown control."

After seeing a few metadata staging failures, I implemented the fix in the second post at this link:



I haven't seen those errors since. However, I now see the delivery optimization service error at EVERY shutdown.

More annoyingly, the Delivery Optimization service is supposed to be the one that downloads windows updates from other PC's. I went into Settings -> Update & Security -> Advanced Options -> Choose How Updates are Delivered and turned that option off. Annoyingly, the service still starts and I still get the error.

Anyone familiar with why I could be getting this error? No one else has seemed to get this error after applying the fix mentioned above. Googling for this error turns up approximately nothing.

Also, given that I've turned the "update windows from other PC's" option off, is there any reason not to disable the associated service altogether? If I do so, will it affect normal Windows updates?

Just a shot in the dark, try opening Disk Cleanup and run as admin and delete the Delivery Optimization Files

Maybe there is a corruption.

A good thought, it was actually 585mb on my system, but sadly still getting the error.

I also tried disabling Delivery Optimization in Edit Group Policy (Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Delivery Optimization, set Download Mode to Enabled and 0 which means disabled) and that didn't stop the error either.

I note that the startup method for the service is "Automatic (Delayed Start)". I don't mind turning it to disabled, IF it's safe to do so and won't interfere with normal windows updates, but you'd think just turning off the option in settings would disable the service if it wasn't doing something else.

I took a look in task scheduler, but either it is hidden or not there, I suspect the prior.
I just tried using the "Switch" on/off and looking if a service turned on or off, but there are so many, maybe you want to try, the one that changes is probably the one you want then.

If you look in Task Manager, Services Tab, you'll see it under the name DoSvc. Where you'll see that it's set to start "Automatic, delayed start" is in services.msc. I'm still nervous about disabling the service though, in case it has some core functionality that Windows Update needs even with the whole "download updates from other PC's" turned off.

If you look in Task Manager, Services Tab, you'll see it under the name DoSvc. Where you'll see that it's set to start "Automatic, delayed start" is in services.msc. I'm still nervous about disabling the service though, in case it has some core functionality that Windows Update needs even with the whole "download updates from other PC's" turned off.
I think I know what you mean, Fix one thing which breaks two things.
Have you tried running SFC and DISM? Maybe doing that and cleaning out the Windows side by side files and update store might help.

fsutil resource setautoreset true c:&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause

Event 7043:  The Delivery Optimization service did not shut down