Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Thanks ...


This didn't happen right away. They worked fine for a month or so. It is not the ISP, my ISP is very reliable, they consistently give me the bandwidth I am supposed to get. 20MB down 2MB up. The problem laptop averages 0.3MB down and 1.5MB up.


The other hosts on my home network are not having any problems. I have another Win 10 Machine that was upgraded from Win 7 that is working just fine. One Ubuntu client and one more Win 7 client.


Fixes I attempted:

I went to the HP website and applied the recommended updates.

Checked Microsoft updates - none were suggested or required.


I removed and readded the network adapter drivers. Several times.


The hardware in question is:


HP Envy 17t Laptop
OS: Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.36)
Wireless: Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter driver: 6.223.215.14


Ethernet: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Adapter driver: 10.1.505.2015

Please help, this is driving me crazy. Thanks

Ray

Wow! No replies. It must have been something I said or perhaps I need a new mouthwash.

Two suggestions: –
1) try Listerine.
2) if you already haven't done so, use the search box on this forum summarizing your issue (example: slow Wi-Fi reception). The responses might give you a clue regarding your specific problem.


Best of luck.

Two suggestions: –
1) try Listerine.
2) if you already haven't done so, use the search box on this forum summarizing your issue (example: slow Wi-Fi reception). The responses might give you a clue regarding your specific problem.


Best of luck.
1. Listerine is what I use.
2. I did search this forum and TechNet among others and nothing seemed to work. As far as I can tell it all blew up when they applied an update in November. I rolled everything back but to no avail. There seems to be some major problems with the drivers for the two NICs I have in my laptop. There didn't seem to be any solution so I ended up reinstalling Win 8.1.

Thanks

Ray

I suppose you didn't try googling a bit before reverting? Here's a small list of what I would check:

laptop version - what do people say about it and windows 10?
nic version
nic drivers on windows 10

I suppose you didn't try googling a bit before reverting? Here's a small list of what I would check:

laptop version - what do people say about it and windows 10?
nic version
nic drivers on windows 10
I spent a lot of time searching both before and after posting this in this forum.

Windows 10 blog - Search Results


Use the search bar at top right side of the forum for more.

Thanks ...