Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

.


Windows 10 on my laptop as of Sept 22nd updates can no longer read xbox 360 usb stick. Windows 10 just reads the usb stick as 16gb of unallocated space in computer managment.

My windows 10 pre sept 22nd desktop reads the usb stick no problem. Computer management sees usb as fat 32.


*************************************HALF ASS RESOLUTION**************************

Ok so 3 hours transferring to multiple agents at Microsoft I got ahold of a agent that told me Windows 10 build 1607 has removed support for Fat32.

I rolled back to build 1511 and now I can read my xbox 360 memory stick. This is nonsense I feel I will need to go back to windows 7 for fat32 support if Microsoft doesn't allow it anymore.


Ok so 3 hours transferring to multiple agents at Microsoft I got ahold of a agent that told me Windows 10 build 1607 has removed support for Fat32.
What? removed FAT32 support? Are you serious?! So, Next time they will remove WIN32 Support and stay with marvelous UWP Apps. Great!

W10 File Explorer will still let you format a drive to FAT32 and exFAT, so how can they say it's not supporting it anymore? Doesn't make sense..


Ok so 3 hours transferring to multiple agents at Microsoft I got ahold of a agent that told me Windows 10 build 1607 has removed support for Fat32.
No. Absolutely false.

And 1607 isn't a build. It's a version. The current non-insider build is 14393.187.

That is right 1607 is not a build in fact Microsoft said they don't have a build number for it yet as they keep making changes to it.

I have many thumb drives formatted in fat32 and no issues reading them in the AU. Totally false statement that fat 32 support has been removed.

That is right 1607 is not a build in fact Microsoft said they don't have a build number for it yet as they keep making changes to it.
Windows 10 has a build number. It just changes as its updated. That's nothing new by the way. It's been that way since Windows 10 was released.
If you want to know if you have the current latest build look here, Then run winver and compar.

From the link:

"To resolve the issue, download and install the latest version of Garmin Express software, version 4.1.25. The Garmin Express tool recognizes the connected device and updates its boot code to make it compatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update."

It's not a fundamental problem with FAT formatted USB drives.

I have a number of USB drives. Most of them are FAT32. All work just fine under 1607 (14393.187). On 3 different PCs.

I have no idea what might be special about a USB drive from an Xbox 360, but Microsoft definitely hasn't eliminated FAT32 support from Window 10 1607.

Please stop with the misinformation.

Bobkn, I think you are right as my Fat32 USB drive still reads in windows 1607. Must be a Xbox 360/1607 problem.

.