Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

How to delete multiple Recovery Partitions


Hello,

How do I delete the extra Recovery Partitions in disk management? I have four in total, and they vary in size. One is 20GB!

See the screen shot below.

I have seen the YouTube video posted: How to delete recovery partition in Windows 10/8.1/8 - YouTube
Is this a good way to go about getting ride of them?

Also, do I need to keep one of them?



Here is the screen shot.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. It's best to get some partition software as it's simpler than Windows it not just deleting them which is simple it's then moving partitions in order grow them to take up the space. There are lots of free software often with video tutors

Is this an easy fix?
Is there a partition software you would recommend?

There are several good free partition managers available. MajorGeeks.com is a safe, mostly reliable source of downloads. They offer links to tools that include MiniTool Partition Wizard, Easus Partition Manager, Partition Magic, Paragon Partition Manager Express Free (I've used their commercial Hard Disk Manager Suite for years, and it's great), and more. Of those options, I've heard good things about Partition Magic and Easus Partition Manager, but you'll want to get a weigh-in from other forum members, especially Kyhi and Fafhrd, both of whom have lots of experience with such tools.
HTH,

And one of those will help me explain the partitions that I don't need?

Thanks!

You can try what I posted here to help a fellow member with the same problem:
Solved Old Recovery partition - Windows 10 blog
Look at post #6

And one of those will help me explain the partitions that I don't need?
They are tools that will help reorganize your disk after determining which ones you need.

The 20.88 GB partition is probably the OEM Recovery media

To help determine what Win10 needs

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
type the follwoing command and post a screen shot

reagentc /info

Topgundcp beat me - drat

I like his method - saves a lot of questions, it's easy, and it works very well post# 6

I've used both his UEFI and MBR Macrium templates.

I will look at that other thread, post number 6 and try it when I am home from this business trip.

Regarding that Command Prompt, it opens a window for a fraction of a second and it then disappears. I am unable to take a screen shot.

Thanks.

How to delete multiple Recovery Partitions