Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Muted Audio After Restarting


Hi,

I have a SteelSeries Siberia 650 headset and I'm using their latest drivers/controllers to handle the audio from my computer. The thing is I'm facing a weird problem since then.

Everytime I restart my computer (using the 'Shut down' option and turning it back on), my speakers come muted, just as the image shows:



If I use the 'Restart' option it comes back alright:



Here's an image of my 'Recording devices' tab:



This is how my device manager looks like:



And finally SteelSeries controller:



So far I've tried reinstalling the original headset drivers and I also tried using the 'Uninstall' option under the device manager. None of them worked.

Anyone got any ideas? I'd appreciate!

Thanks!

Similar to this topic: Sound muted at startup - Windows 10 blog

But I wouldn't like to disable fast start. Anyone got other ideas?

You could try going to the communication settings by right clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar, then click on either playback devices or recording devices and then click on the communications tab at the top (it looks like this):



Then click on 'Do nothing'.
Also make sure your headset has all the defaults by clicking the 'set defaults' button.

Let me know how you get on!

You could try going to the communication settings by right clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar, then click on either playback devices or recording devices and then click on the communications tab at the top (it looks like this):



Then click on 'Do nothing'.
Also make sure your headset has all the defaults by clicking the 'set defaults' button.

Let me know how you get on!
Hi, j0rdanb!

Thanks for the heads up! Coincidentally, that option was already checked. My headset is also on its defaults.

Just to complement, I think it's important to say it's an USB headset. It uses an independent card to handle the audio.

Thank you again!

Try running sfc /scannow in command prompt (as admin) - there's a possibility some system files may be corrupt.


Hi,

Here it is:



And the log: Download CBS.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Thanks!

Try running "chkdsk C: /F /R" from the Windows installation DVD - click repair your computer at the bottom on the installation screen and then choose command prompt. That should fix the corrupt files

I ran my Windows installation DVD and tried what you asked me to do. But unfortunately it didn't fix any of the issues (corrupt files - which doesn't seem to be important right now - or speaker).

Try right clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar and clicking "troubleshoot sound problems". Maybe that will detect what's wrong.

Muted Audio After Restarting