Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Windows 10 spits out cd/dvd


I downloaded VLC on my computer that runs 10 & it still won't play cd/dvd or install games from cd. It just spits them back out. Any suggestions. Thanks. Russ.

I downloaded VLC on my computer that runs 10 & it still won't play cd/dvd or install games from cd. It just spits them back out. Any suggestions. Thanks. Russ.
My first thought would be faulty drive, there's bunch of leavers and micro switches inside that wear out.

It worked fine in 8.1. It just doesn't want work in 10. My computer is less than 2 years old & I never used cds or dvds that often.

Have you tried their Windows Media Player
Should be in your Apps or you may have to download it from their site.

On mine I have the above plus Toshiba own one

Plus Power DVD from Cyberlink

I downloaded VLC on my computer that runs 10 & it still won't play cd/dvd or install games from cd. It just spits them back out. Any suggestions. Thanks. Russ.
Any reason you don't use Windows Media Player ?
Unless you are using a Windows 10Nedition ( which is an European or Korean version ), WMP is includedin Windows 10. It does not need to be installed.
You can find it in All apps > under alphabet W > Windows Media Player.

Adding : Windows Media Player will play videos/movies but will not play DVDs.
I am sure you have good reasons why you prefer VLC.

I downloaded VLC on my computer that runs 10 & it still won't play cd/dvd or install games from cd. It just spits them back out. Any suggestions. Thanks. Russ.
Just out of curiosity.
Did you download VLC from the Store ?
If yes, uninstall it and install VLC from its original

I only installed VLC because 10 won't play dvds. I had power dvd when I bought the computer. When the trial ended I uninstalled it. I didn't use VLC in windows 8 because the dvd worked . I also installed & uninstalled vlc from windows store & installed from vlc website. Still won't play cds/dvds. I do use wmp for music & videos.

I also have VLC installed in my Win 10 and it plays DVDs.
Wonder why it does not on your computer.
I can't help you further.
Sorry.
Happy New Year.

Thanks. Happy New Year to you.

Windows 10 spits out cd/dvd