Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text)?


How to indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text) automatically?

I have word 2013, and I would like to insert an indentation 1.5 between the raised number and the text in footnotes (see figure 1)

Figure 1
1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When I go to "Footnote Text" style, and then paragraph to do the indentation, it moves the number and the text to the right (see figure 2). But I do not want this.


Figure 2
1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



If I use the hanging option, it only indents the texts below the first line (see figure 3)

Figure 3
1xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx

I have gone to "Footnote Reference" style, but the "paragraph" tab is locked. I cannot enter. Can anybody help me how to unlock it? Alternatively, how can I get the results I want (figure 1)

Thanks, M.

Create your own style, based on Footnote.

I have my own style based on footnote. How can I access the "paragraph" tab in Footnote Reference style. How can I get the indentation as shown in figure 1? Can you please give details?

Indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text)?