Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

.exe file for Calendar App


Hi all,

So, the title says it all - I need to find the .exe file for the W10 built-in Calendar App. A simple shortcut file won't do, because the Logitech Options software for my mouse (MX Master) won't allow to configure a mouse button to it. Yes, I did try.

An alternative would be to convert the shortcut that I have created from the hidden Applications folder into an .exe or .bat file, but I didn't really manage to find a working solution on the web.

Any help will be appreciated.

Here's what I discovered for the location..


Thanks, I have found the file "HxCalendarAppImm" , but then ran into this issue:

windows 8 - Why does the .exe file of a Modern App fail to run and produces an error regarding the app container? - Super User

I should have pointed out in my reply that I don't think you can run the Calendar App as a stand alone. It has to run within the App framework.

Yeah, that's what I thought... So I guess the .exe/.bat solution seems to be the only one. Only I still don't know how to do it.

Yeah, that's what I thought... So I guess the .exe/.bat solution seems to be the only one. Only I still don't know how to do it.
Someone else may have a way but I doubt the exe/bat will work since you can't use the calendar outside of the App platform.

Is this any help
Create the shortcut for calendar where you want it to be (in this example i used the desktop)
Create a .bat file, named whatever you want and place it in the same folder as the shortcut (desktop again for me)
If I now run cal.bat it opens the Calendar App


Yes, exactly what I've been looking for! Didn't know it was so easy. Thanks a lot.

Now, is there a way to make this cmd window stop popping up for a split of a second every time I execute the .bat?

The only ways i can see is using a vbs file, which then gets rid of the .exe or bat extension

or if you run it from a command prompt

start /b cal.bat

but then automating this would create another batch file so would be back to square one

will do some more looking

The easiest solution i could find, which stops it showing on the desktop, but makes it appear on the taskbar for a fraction of a second is

create a shortcut to the bat file, in the properties for the new shortcut tell it to run minimised, i dont notice this as much and unless looking at the taskbar dont see it appear

.exe file for Calendar App