Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

NTOSKRNL Crash


Hey guys,
I have been having an issue with my computer randomly shutting off (when I am not near the computer). My PC almost almost posts a BSOD when I manually restart or shutdown the computer. I have checked the dump logs, which point back to ntoskrnl.exe as the problem. I have checked my memory, which is good (according to memtestx86). I even reset my Windows 10 (using the "keep files" option), and the issue still persists. I also reset my CPU and memory to non-overclocked settings. I uploaded my dump files, and will run driver verifier and sfc, uploading any more files in the process.
Thanks
  • ZACH-PC-Sun_11_29_2015_193654_47.zip (518.0 KB, 1 views)

Here is my SFC log (with errors). Again, this is a newly restored copy of Windows 10, with all updates. All that I have installed is NVIDIA drivers. Everything else was done by Windows automatically.
I should also add that I ran memtestx86 and driver verifier (in progress) after I defaulted the voltage values in the BIOS. No instability thus far.
  • CBS.zip (476.0 KB, 0 views)

Hi butterblum,

Welcome to the 10blog.

The crashes are caused by an AMD driver 'ATI Unified AVStream service Driver'
Driver Reference Table - atinavrr.sys
Please update this driver.
Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atinavrr.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atinavrr.sys
I recommend to remove ASUS software, some are known for causing bluescreens, like ASUS AI Suite (version doesn't matter).

My PC only started doing this recently. I think it was around when I installed ASUS GPUTweak, which is no longer installed, as I reset windows. I have used Windows 10 with ASUS AI Suite for months with no issue, until everything started acting up a month ago.
I updated the ATI drivers to the versions which were stable under Windows 7, however the crash happened again.
I attached my newest dump file.
Could this be a hardware issue?
  • ZACH-PC-Mon_11_30_2015_234232_07.zip (623.6 KB, 1 views)

Why do you think this is a hardware issue?

If I'm correct this driver is from a USB TV tuner?
If I'm correct, disconnect this device, remove the drivers and see how it goes.
Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atinavrr.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atinavrr.sys 1: kd> lmvm atinavrr  start             end                 module name fffff801`f3c90000 fffff801`f3e0c380   atinavrr T (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: atinavrr.sys     Image path: SystemRootsystem32DRIVERSatinavrr.sys     Image name: atinavrr.sys     Timestamp:        Wed Nov 04 15:11:24 2009(4AF18B8C)     CheckSum:         0017D8AF     ImageSize:        0017C380     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

NTOSKRNL Crash