Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

BSOD only when playing games for abot 5-10 minutes


Hello, I am having this problem with my computer,
where i am getting random BSOD's when i have been playing any game for about 5-10 minutes.
The BSOD is either the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or the APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

I have attached my debug files here
debug-DESKTOP-DQ0658B-23-09-2015_190058,20.zip

I hope someone can help
Anders

Hi Andersabra,

Welcome to the 10blog.

With 2 of the crashes the Nvidia Streamer Service was active, this service is known for system freezes, performance issues and BSOD's.

Please try the following
  • Search msconfig and open it
  • Go to the tab services
  • Check 'Hide Microsoft services'
  • Search Nvidia Streamer Service and uncheck it
  • Click apply > ok
  • Reboot if asked


The first BSOD was caused by a driver from Realtek HD Audio, but I cannot find this driver or an audio device from Realtek.
Please go to C:WindowsSystem32drivers in explorer and search for "RTKVHD64.sys" (without quotes). If you can find this driver, right click it and choose properties, go to the tab details, make a screenshot of it and post the screenshot.
Code:
5: kd> lmvm RTKVHD64 start             end                 module name fffff800`49180000 fffff800`495fd000   RTKVHD64 T (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: RTKVHD64.sys     Image path: SystemRootsystem32driversRTKVHD64.sys     Image name: RTKVHD64.sys  Timestamp:        Tue Jun 02 12:47:59 2015(556D89DF)     CheckSum:         00452702     ImageSize:        0047D000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Hello.
I have disabled Nvidia Streamer Service, rebooted, and i have found the RVKHD64.sys Driver, and taken a screenshot, and uploaded here

Thank you,

Please check Realtek for driver updates here

I have now updated the driver, what should i do now?

Try your system out and see if you get a BSOD.

If you do, please use the tool again and upload the zip file.

Okay, I will report back if this has fixed my problems or not.

Thank you for your time and help

You're welcome
I am glad I can help

So, i have now been playing for over 2 hours, without any problems, again, thank you for your time and your help

You're welcome again

BSOD only when playing games for abot 5-10 minutes