Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app


I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click OPEN CONTACT, click SAVE. It does not save. Instead, it opens my list of contacts and asks me to "Choose a contact". I have to be able to save new contacts from my emails I receive. Does anyone have a solution?

I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click OPEN CONTACT, click SAVE. It does not save. Instead, it opens my list of contacts and asks me to "Choose a contact". I have to be able to save new contacts from my emails I receive. Does anyone have a solution?
I thought that it wasn't saving once too, but it turned out the next time one drive sync'd my system(at least I guess it was this) I was in my people app the next day.

I'm not using OneDrive. I'm bringing in a gmail account into the Mail App. I did try forcing a sync on the account, but it did not add a contact.

Odd all my accounts and people get sync'd, Hotmail, gmail, G+, Firefox...etc.

I guess you are not understanding what is happening. Syncing is not the problem. I have a lot of emails that came into the MAIL app. The people who sent me those emails are NOT in my list of contacts. I do not want to re-type their email address into the PEOPLE app. As I am viewing the email of the person I want to save, I click their name, I click OPEN CONTACT because that is the only option offered. It opens the PEOPLE app. It has an icon of a disk (I am assuming that is to save) and the 3 ellipse which do nothing but raise it and the disk icon up 1 down and then if I click it again it goes down 1 line. So, I click the SAVE (disk icon). Instead of saving, it opens my existing list of contacts with a message at the top that says "Choose a Contact". I really think it is a bug. These 2 apps are very poorly designed. I am very frustrated.

Do your settings look like this?



Yes they do.

And the settings in Contacts?


Ok I'm pulling possibilities out of the air, but...

No help in fixing i'm afraid, but just checked and I have the same issue

open an email
click the contact and choose open contact
the contact displays in the people app
click the save icon thinking its going to save and it just brings up a search

I appreciate it, but this was already set as your screen shot displays.

Misery loves company paulsalter. Keep me posted if you find a solution.

Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app