Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

"There is a problem with this website’s security certificate"


Hi, I get this:

when I try to go to any https address in IE or Firefox.

However, Pale Moon (which I normally use) works.
That means I don't know when the problem started.

I've tried deleting cert8.db in my Firefox profile, and resetting IE and clearing history.

I doubt it can be a firewall issue - Pale Moon works. (I use Bitdefender).

Hope you can suggest a solution.. thanks.


Thanks, yes..

Date & time are correct, also location.

I am sure you have already spent time googling for an answer.
So, I won't bore you with repetition.

I apologize I have no answer to your problem.

No problem.. thanks.. I hate certificate issues- only occurred once years ago. Too arcane.

Have you tried more information it may come up with something .
Also try the Edge Browser and see if that works.
Also uncheck one box at a time and see if you get in then.
Also when did this problem start

Maybe it is related to: Google Bans Symantec Root Certificates, Will PM Follow?

Hi, thanks,
1. Edge is the same
2. As I mentioned, unsure when it started as I normally use Pale Moon - which still works. So thoughts of disk images, restore points would be relatively random, alas.
3. I've tried removing IE as an installed feature, restart, enable IE, restart. No change.
4. I've tried resetting TCP/IP
netsh int ip reset

More information:

"If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to make sure that it is the address you were expecting.

When going to a website with an address such as Example Domain, try adding the 'www' to the address, Example Domain.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help."
5. IE works for non-https sites, which seems to suggest an SSL problem

Maybe it is related to: Google Bans Symantec Root Certificates, Will PM Follow?
I think that's related to certificates issued by Symantec only..?
I've tried a range of sites I normally use, 100% https failure with IE.

When you check more information and check any certificate, what does it say, like valid to and issued by?
Check, if your certificate tasks were running recently, if not try to run them manually. SystemTask/Usertask.