Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Don't see 'Restart'


When I try to turn it on, it just keeps loading and eventually do nothing.


And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error:

Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on yout Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more information. If this is not a service of Microsoft, you have to contact the manufacturer of the service. Mention than the specific error 5.'

I don't have a clue what the systemlogs are or what I can do with it, and I tried many solutions given on the internet but none has worked for me yet. Please help me with this awful error.

In the search box next to Start button, type ser> press Enter.
You are now on Services window > scroll down to Windows Firewall > click it.
Under Status ................................. it should be Running.
Under Startup type...................... it should be Automatic.
If that is not what you see, left side, click Restart the service.
Alsoright click at Windows Firewall > Properties ......................
at Startup type, click the pointer and select Automatic
at Service status, click Start.
Click OK when done.

See if the Firewall is back in action.

If I click on 'Windows Firewall' in Services it says (marked):

Status: Stopped

You say I have to click on 'Restart' in the side-window but I don't have the option to:

The only option is: 'Start'but that doesn't work obviously

Your Service status says ...... Gestopt ( Stopped)
Click Starten > OK.


I refer to my first post:

And when I try to start the service in the "Services.msc" I get the error:

Tranlation: 'Can't start the Windows Firewall on your Local computer. Consult the systemlogs for more information. If this is not a service of Microsoft, you have to contact the manufacturer of the service. Mention than the specific error 5.'

Sorry.
I have no more new ideas.
Please wait a bit for someone else to come along.
Thank you.

thanks anyway

Have you tried this?

Cannot start Windows firewall, error code 5 Solution, FIX

I just tried it and it didn't work for me.... I still get the same error

Suggestion :

Do a Repair Install.
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Don't see 'Restart'