Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

PIN Keeps Disapearring


Hi, with the latest update of version lost the option to login with PIN ... how I can activate again? not appear as before.

This is one of the bugs in Build 10130. Hopefully they will patch it soon.

Hope this will be useful for you : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_security/since-upgrade-to-build-10130-i-seem-to-have-lost/562b0405-1a14-48d8-89c9-e3a64e6f63fd

I did a clean install of 10130 and I had the option to set up a pin for log in,

Workaround that really works when the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after the upgrade to the build 10130:

1.)
Go to Settings > Account, check first that you account does not need to be verified (tutorial, Option One Steps 1 to 3). Verify the account if needed, if verifying the account does not work (does not accept your password), jump to step 4 below.

2.) Select Sign-in options, select I forgot my PIN:



3.)Click Continue:



4.)If you are asked your MS Account password and the system does not accept it but keeps asking it again and again, click Cancel then switch your MS Account to a local account (tutorial) and immediately thereafter reconnect to your MS Account (video). Resetting the PIN will now work.

5.) Create a new PIN:


(Notice that you can of course use the same PIN you had earlier which after the upgrade did not work.)

6.) Sign out or restart. The PIN works now, this screenshot from a Build 10122 upgraded through Windows Update to Build 10130 and the above workaround applied:



In clean installs PIN works without this workaround "out-of-the-box". In upgrade installs PIN works "out-of-the-box" on all accounts, local or MS, which are created after the upgrade, or which were created before the upgrade but did not have the PIN.

Kari

Kari
thnks, works for me.

You are welcome .

I had the same thing happen to me. I didn't realize at first that it was the new build that was put out. Will have to report that back to MS. All I did was go to Settings, Accounts, Signin Options and Remove my PIN and put in a new one. Worked like a charm.

I will be looking at the next build MS pushes out to see if it does it again.

The option to remove the PIN was brought back in the build 10586, now removing it needs just a click:

PIN - Remove from your Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 blog




Well, it seems that Windows keeps losing my PIN. I'm on the Technical Preview Program so I have Build 11099 and I am not sure why the PIN keeps disappearing. If anybody has suggestions?

PIN Keeps Disapearring