Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Can I still install a fresh copy of Win 10 Insider Preview?


Hi all,

Overall I'm pleased with Windows 10 since using it over a year. It trumps Win 7 in almost every way.

Just checking, on my second computer (which is currently Win 7), I'm also looking to install Windows 10 Insider for free - is this still possible, just as I did last year?

Many thanks.

Yes, just sign up for it, and install.

Sorry, I guess I posed my question incorrectly.

I meant - I know technically it's still able to do so - BUT, is it still legal?

Microsoft wouldn't let you sign up for it if it wasn't legal to install.

Okay. I was just asking since I read a while back MS has stopped giving product keys for Insider, so wasn't sure what the situation was.

Anyway, will check it out.

Hi all,

Overall I'm pleased with Windows 10 since using it over a year. It trumps Win 7 in almost every way.

Just checking, on my second computer (which is currently Win 7), I'm also looking to install Windows 10 Insider for free - is this still possible, just as I did last year?

Many thanks.
I wonder if you care to consider this "round about " suggestion :
I do know you already have a computer running Win 10 and are happy with it.
Why not upgrade your 2nd computer to Win 10 as well ?
Once it is activated, you now have digital entitlement on your 2nd computer as well.
Now, you can then change your 2nd Win 10 computer to Insider Preview.

Thanks David. Problem with that is, I'd lose my Win 7 license, which I'd still like to keep.

Interested in the dual boot.

Thanks David. Problem with that is, I'd lose my Win 7 license, which I'd still like to keep.
You don't exactly lose you Win 7 license. It will juist get tied up with the new Win 10 installed.
You can still use the Win 7 license to reinstall Win 7 if you have had enough of Win 10.

Cool, got ya.

Alright peeps, I've found some info regarding this. Apparently, it is NOT allowed to install a fresh copy without a valid license:

No more Windows 10 keys for Insiders; post-RTM installs must be on previously activated PCs

According to this article, Gabe Aul says, "New Insiders can't activate a clean install unless they've upgraded from 7/8 first, or own a 10 key."

Can I still install a fresh copy of Win 10 Insider Preview?