Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Wierd Problem- please help!


I put windows 10 on my test machine that was running 8.1 pro
everything went smoothly
I have not had a real time last night to play around with it so i shut the pc down
When turning it on this morning I got the Windows Screen and now everything is black.
I have a mouse but that is about it
I tried shutting it down and rebooting-same thing
How can i fix this?

Try typing in your password(if you have one) and see if it will finish booting. If that does not work, try a fresh install. Did you load it clean, or upgrade?


Edit

Looking around may the steps here pressing F8 at boot will help

Windows 7 boots to an unresponsive black screen with mouse cursor... - Microsoft Community

I just rebooted to W10, trying the F8 and it didn't work for me. I am running a dual boot. I would try another install. Take the graphics driver that works in W8 and put it on a flash drive. During the install, select the option to install a driver (F6 if I remember right) and load it during install. It appears to be a driver problem I think.

Try shut down and power up 3 times. Sounds stupid, but it worked for me twice.

Try shut down and power up 3 times. Sounds stupid, but it worked for me twice.
That is not strange at all. If it works Robin, you should update your graphics driver next.

well i finally got it to work by going into safe mode, which the only way i could do this was hold the f8 button down when it first booted up, once there, i noticed there were ms updates. So i did them rebooted everything was fine.
So I figured lets see what happens on a hard boot- shut it down, waitied about 10 min and restarted it now it went in- no black screen.
I then went into device manager and asked windows to search for a new driver, it came back it did not need it.
So far it is working, maybe it just needed the 3 updates

Sounds good, keep us posted

Will do. Thanks
i need a video of 10 preview to download to show at my seminar, there is one inside windows 10, does anyone know where it actually is so i can copy it? And put it on my laptop?

I;m not sure what video you mean. Have a look here

Announcing Windows 10

That one is not bad as long as i have internet but if not i am looking for the one i can dowload and just play it if i do not have internet

Wierd Problem- please help!