Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Snipping tool better in 9901


A minor change in 9901 - snipping tool now guesses what you want. Just click on new and you no longer (as in 8) have to specify window or full screen. It will select a window snip from partially obscured window which is pretty cool.

Rather bizarrely it will try to take a snip of the start menu even if it isn't open but that's a mistake I guess.

I'm finding quite a lot of nice little UI improvements in 9901. Will be interesting to see what the Jan build includes.

Attachment 9515Attachment 9516Attachment 9517

Interesting. I would love to check that out.

Jeff

Interesting. I would love to check that out.

Jeff
You can try it in a VM - seems quite stable to me. Just have a look around for J_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5.iso

Interesting. I would love to check that out.

Jeff
You can try it in a VM - seems quite stable to me. Just have a look around for J_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5.iso
Thanks but I'll pass until the official version comes out.

This is a useful improvement. But you still cannot snip context menus with the Windows snipping tool. That's why I use Jing which I can trigger from a function key. Example:



Using the help instructions for snipping tool I was able to snip a context menu in windows 7 so I tried the same on 10 and it works the same for me.
  

Hmm, I guerss I learned something. But typical MS - it could not be easy. I like my F9 a lot better.

Hmm, I guerss I learned something. But typical MS - it could not be easy. I like my F9 a lot better.
Yes I saw your link to jing. Gonna give it a try. Looks like they provide instructional stuff and a newsletter for email. cool I need all that Thanks

I use 'Greenshot', it will freeze for capture even a mouse hover pop up.

Greenshot - a free and open source screenshot tool for productivity

I did use Charlies method on earlier OSs, but turned to the alternative of having Paint open, taking a print Screen shot and pasting and cutting from there. Maybe a little more laborious, but I am used to the procedure now and it only takes a few seconds. I do have Snagit, but that also has some limitations.
Certainly going to have a look at Jing, it looks interesting. Tks for the heads up, WHS

Snipping tool better in 9901