Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Task Manager not working


When I right click start window and then click Task Manager I receive the following response:

"C:Users...AppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsWinXGroup25 - Task Manager.lnk

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

I haven't been able to locate the program and am not sure where to find the correct program. I've searched the net but there's no mention of Windows 10.

Can anyone help, please.

Thanks,

Bruce

The executable is taskmgr.exe and is in: C:WindowsSystem32 askmgr.exe.
Check to see if it's there.

The executable is taskmgr.exe and is in: C:WindowsSystem32 askmgr.exe.
Check to see if it's there.
I have checked and it is no there. The nearest name is Tasks. So maybe the program is not there.

If it's not there then your Windows is somehow corrupted. Try to run from Admin Command Prompt to see if it can fix the problem. Just copy and paste what I have below.

  1. Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
  2. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
  3. sfc /scannow

I have checked and it is no there. The nearest name is Tasks. So maybe the program is not there.
Not the folder:



the .exe:



Way down near the bottom.

Thanks for that but I nwas wrong. The file is there - I didn't go far enough. However when double-clicked taskmgr I was told that Windows could not find the file I was double-clicking.

This appears to be an issue I have with several programs where double-clicking the destination file tells me it cannot be found and to check the spelling. Maybe I should feedback to Microsoft.

I am definitely clicking the application (.exe)

Looking back at in Systems32 I notice that the file Taskmgr.exe starts with a capital T and not lower case. Would this make a difference. I've tried to change it to no avail. Thanks

Topguncp - I went into Admin Command prompt and followed your three steps which fixed the problem Task Manager now working. Thanks for your assistance. Cheers

Task Manager not working