Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Windows 10 Threading Issues


I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. My computer processor is AMD E1-1200@1.4GHz. I've noticed that several programs now stutter instead of play smoothly. It could be because Windows 10 has a new Threading system and the old programs are using outdated threading techniques, or the fact that Windows 10 has poor performance.

Sure, 1.4GHz is slow, but I didn't have this problem in Windows 8.1. I notice the threading problem the most when playing a youtube video. Just showing the youtube GUI causes the video to stutter. When I look at task manager, everything seems to be normal on CPU usage. When I make realtime java applications, I notice stuttering.

Would someone like to explain what Microsoft has changed about Threading please?

Try to monitor core/thread usage.

Try to monitor core/thread usage.
link broken: 404

Download AMD System Monitor - MajorGeeks right?

link broken: 404

Download AMD System Monitor - MajorGeeks right?
Try here:
Download AMD System Monitor 1.0.9

It's installing

I've opened it. What should I monitor?

I've opened it. What should I monitor?
Turn details on and monitor core usage with various programs. Should be as even as possible. Threads are tied to cores.

I opened eclipse. After it finished opening, I monitored the CPU usage. Unfortunately the AMD System Monitor only updates every second. What I noticed is that core usage is slightly biased toward the first core, and it tends to stray from even usage quite often. The usage I would have to say is--relative to the first core at 50%-- 50% +- 36%. After eclipse settled down, core 1 became extremely biased, and core two was consistently 50-80% ofless than core 1 (e.g core[0]=50%, core[1]=10%).

Does it help to say that just keeping my laptop on my bed with the vent on the right side being somewhat covered by a book the thickness of my laptop to use a mouse is causing my CPU and fan speed to go up to 67-75% heat and speed, respectively (which I noticed causes much throttling within my CPU, reduce of about 200-300 MHz when I want a consistent 1.4GHz)?

The only time I ever see Core usage consistently "even" is when 100% of the CPU is used :P

I observed playing a song and idle spotify; same effect as eclipse.

Any suggestions CountMike?

Windows 10 Threading Issues