Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

More issues with Windows 10 Upgrade - no start menu, cortana, edge


I know many have discussed the latest windows 10 upgrade, but I have tried almost all the potential solutions, but alas, my computer is still out of whack. (It upgraded 2 nights ago, 23Sep16).

I now have to:
1.) right-click my mouse on the start button (which no longer is in the colors, but just white on black) to bring up the start menu; again, just basic black with white words. Versus the normal left-click and the windows 10 menu (in color) pops up.
2.) Cortana stopped working. Can't even put the curser in the "ask me anything" space. Clicking on "Search" under the start menu won't even register that I clicked on it.
3.) Tried opening the edge internet , it pops up, blue screen with "e" and quickly disappears. As does any of the edge apps (calculator, shop, etc.)

Any suggestions? I've tried the basic, restart. The "fix windows: ( maketecheasier.com/fix-windows-10-start-menu-search/). The Device manager and try System Restore to an earlier date. Nothing seems to bring the functions back. Luckily Firefox still works; as does my MS office!

Open cmd (As administrator) and write
sfc /scannow
This should fix system issues.
If it fails, please post the screen shot of cmd

Open cmd (As administrator) and write
sfc /scannow
This should fix system issues.
If it fails, please post the screen shot of cmd
Here you go... a few screen shots. For some reason I can create jpg and png, but I can't seem to get them to reopen! I am ready to toss this stupid computer out the window.

RT click menu has always been like that-white on black
For the start menu: have you tried

c:UsersDefaultAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsWinx ( copy group 1,2 and 3 folders)

c:UsersYourNameAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsWinx ( delete the group 1,2,3 folders here and paste the default ones from above.)

Reboot your computer

RT click menu has always been like that-white on black
For the start menu: have you tried

c:UsersDefaultAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsWinx ( copy group 1,2 and 3 folders)

c:UsersYourNameAppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsWinx ( delete the group 1,2,3 folders here and paste the default ones from above.)

Reboot your computer
Thanks, I'll give it a try this weekend! I have a paper due this Sunday, after I send it in - I'll try your suggestion! BTW, I don't have left-click functions at this time. Just rt click.

I had similar issues after the update. If you have an Nvidia graphics card try uninstalling your Nvidia graphics card drivers, reboot, reinstall latest drivers. Worked for two of my four computers, the only two that had these issues were using Nvidia cards.

More issues with Windows 10 Upgrade - no start menu, cortana, edge