Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Is there a tutorial for deleting a crashed W10 upgrade?


Hello,
I managed to get an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro on my Windows 7 machine, with it waiting to install. I did not wish to do this! I additionally managed to get it to not install and my updates no longer show it as available. I did also manage to get an ISO for later use.
I wish to delete the crashed install and it's files, such as the $Windows~* stuff shown below



Is there a tutorial to do this correctly or can someone assist?
Thank you for any assistance,
glennc

Second appeal for assistance....
TIA
glennc

Hello Glenn,

Doing step 24 below with Disk Cleanup usually wipes them clean.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation

Hello Glenn,

Doing step 24 below with Disk Cleanup usually wipes them clean.


Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation
Hello Kind Sir,
Thank you for the assistance and the guide! Great place!!
Regards,
glennc

You're most welcome Glenn.

You're most welcome Glenn.
Shawn,
I show 2.93Gb in Windows Update Cleanup, can I dump that also or would it be better to let it be?
TIA
glenn

If you don't plan on wanting to uninstall any of the Windows Updates, then it's fine to delete it in Disk Cleanup.

If you don't plan on wanting to uninstall any of the Windows Updates, then it's fine to delete it in Disk Cleanup.
Okay!! Nevermind, thanx again
glenn

One last thing I noticed that may be of concern, it was left over from the previous deletions,


The $Windows.~WS and subdirectories about 5.97Gb, keeper or not please?
glenn

Those are for the previous installation to be able to go back to if needed. You can delete them using step 24 below if you like.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation

Is there a tutorial for deleting a crashed W10 upgrade?