Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Really Tough Question!


My wife and I are Americans happily retired in Mexico. We upgraded three single language (Spanish) laptops to Windows 10 from 8.1 with no problems. I got into PowerShell but it rejects sfc /scannow. I need the Spanish equivalent, and I can't find it on the web.

Any brilliant suggestions?

I don't think you can run SFC from powershell. You should run it from Command Prompt (Admin) that you find by right clicking on the start icon.

or here:
Start a Command Prompt as an Administrator

I don't think you can run SFC from powershell. You should run it from Command Prompt (Admin) that you find by right clicking on the start icon.

or here:
Start a Command Prompt as an Administrator
Go to Task Manager--File--Run New Task and type powershell into the box. Also check the box giving you Administrator Privileges and hit Enter. When PowerShell opens, type sfc /scannow into the command line. It takes about an hour and a half, but it fixed my Start Button.

So, then what is the issue?

So, then what is the issue?
That may be what makes this a really tough question.

The issue is that I can get into PowerShell on a Spanish computer. But it rejects sfc /scannow. I need the Spanish equivalent, which I cannot find on the web.



Hi, as said above, if you open a command prompt windowsfc is recognised. That's the most common way I guess.
To run it, it must be an elevated (admin) command prompt.

So (e..g.)
Press windows key + W, click 'command prompt (admin)' and in that window type at the prompt

sfc /scannow <Return>

Also an admin powershell window works:


If you don't see the equivalent on your PC, could you perhaps post a screenshot to show what's going on? Thanks!

I think "big guess" the issue is, he needs the Spanish spelling for sfc/scannow? But, does it actually work that way?

Perhaps here:

Got it! For reasons I don't understand, when you get to the box where you type powershell (in an English version), you have to type sfc /scannow.

It is running now.

Thank you for all your help.

Really Tough Question!