Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

"Do you want to open this file?"


Every time I want to open downloaded from internet image file I receive a warning message "do you want to open this file?" which makes me crazy.Is any way to disable this,PLEASE?

I have never gotten that. I double click and the file opens.

Try Control Panel(small icons) >security and maintenance >Security and click on windows smart screen change settings. Turn it off. See if that helps. it's like another kind of UAC.

Windows SmartScreen Settings - Change in Windows 10

Every time I want to open downloaded from internet image file I receive a warning message "do you want to open this file?" which makes me crazy.Is any way to disable this,PLEASE?
Hello John,

The Open File - Security Warningprompt is a security measure that will ask for your permission before opening a file on your PC that came from an unknown source such as the internet or another PC.

It's not recommended to turn off this, but you can easily unblock the file to stop getting the message for it.

Unblock File in Windows 10

Thank you for your response.
I unblocked File in Properties (it works just for one image and you have to do it again for the next one).
I turned off Windows SmartScreen to "Don't do anything" in Security and Maintenance panel.
Still getting this:

Try Control Panel(small icons) >security and maintenance >Security and click on windows smart screen change settings. Turn it off. See if that helps. it's like another kind of UAC.

Windows SmartScreen Settings - Change in Windows 10

YES! Thank you! Smartscreen Filter SUCKS! I have been disabling this since Windows XP, and it is in there too. But it used to be an Internet Explorer feature only, now, it affects the whole operating system. I depend on my AV program to prevent any problems turning it off would cause. Smartscreen actually locks down EXE files too, so you have to "unblock" them.

When you install or Update your OS to Windows 10, you will come across a prompt that asks you if you want to use Smartscreen, always choose "NO" when you see that.

If you like, you can also use this below to no longer have any files blocked by the open file security warning.

Open File - Security Warning : Allow or Prevent to Unblock File - Windows 7 Help blog

What, you mean that's not a Smartscreen feature? Ok, Thanks, I'll check that out. I hate it when files come up like that and I need to use them right away.

Edit - Thanks, it works great!

Thanks for your help guys.Finally, I found a solution.So simple that I couldn't believe.Security Warning window shows up only when I open an image in Windows Photo Viewer. I switched to Photos app and every bitmap image is opening now without the problem.

But Windows Photo Viewer is a much better program then the Photo app. At least I think it is.