Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

HDMI sound not working


Hi All,

I've searched and found similar problems to mine, but none of those solutions worked so I'm reaching out here.

I currently have an Asus Vivopc desktop that I use as an htpc and it is connected directly to my LG LB5800 tv. The PC has onboard speakers which sound terrible and when I connect the tv via HDMI, the video works fine but no sound comes from the tv. I still get sound from the PC but no matter what I can see, there is no option whatsoever to have the TV as a playback device. It isn't listed at all. I've reinstalled the intel and realtek drivers but that didn't work. I've opened up the playback devices, shown disabled devices and it didn't show up either.

With Windows 8 it worked flawlessly. With Windows 8.1 it would only work when I rebooted the computer with the TV on, otherwise the device would disappear as soon as it was turned off. With Windows 10, it just isn't there at all.

The computer is a celeron 1007u with intel hd graphics (which also takes care of the sound portion). Drivers are updated, I've tested the hdmi cable and it works....No where in my control panel does it list anything related to intel hdmi audio.

Please help, this is super annoying!

What do you have in Device Manager under Sound, video, and game controllers, especially with the TV plugged in and turned on?

Are you trying to use this driver:

Under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers there are:
Intel(R) Display Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Under Audio Input and outputs:
Realtek Digital Output
Speakers

Digital Media Devices:
TV LG LB5800

Yes that is the driver I have installed.

What is your video card? What video driver are you using?

I see that Asus lists Windows 10 drivers for the Intel graphics:



This isn't the same link as supplied in post #2. May be worth a try.

I've opened up the playback devices, shown disabled devices and it didn't show up either.

Try enabling Disconnected devices view.

Also please post screen shots of your Sound dialog windows. I'm not sure what to look for right now, but post the playback screens (some are property pages).

There is another suggestion to try that I can't recall right now - I'll post that if I find it.

Post any screen shots of devices in Dev Mgr that flagged.

Try running the Control Panel > Troubleshooting > Troubleshoot audio playback

You can also try turning off both devices, power up the TV, set to HDMI, power up the PC. The TV has to be listening on the HDMI port before the PC is turned on.

I used to have to do this in Win7, Win8 - similar to your comment With Windows 8.1 it would only work when I rebooted the computer with the TV on, otherwise the device would disappear as soon as it was turned off.... but it sounds as though this doesn't work on your machine.

:
I see that Asus lists Windows 10 drivers for the Intel graphics:



This isn't the same link as supplied in post #2. May be worth a try.
Thanks this worked for me

HDMI sound not working