Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410...


good evening,

I just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410 laptop. now some questions about how to keep the system in good shape..

1. is windows defender a good enough anti-virus/ security program or should I choose something else?

2. optimizing of ssd drive... how often?

3. is disk clean up safe for ssd drives? I know not to defragment ssd drives but what about disk clean up?


so far seems like the ssd drive made a big performance improvement

To answer your questions.
1. Yes Although I prefer a third party program.
2. Let Windows do it for you
3. Yes

1. It's fine for general use.

2/3.. you don't need to and in fact doing a defrag on an SSD can speed up the process of wearing out. so don't..

1. It's fine for general use.

2/3.. you don't need to and in fact doing a defrag on an SSD can speed up the process of wearing out. so don't..
Question #3 was about Disk Clean Up.

Question #3 was about Disk Clean Up.
Missed that part.. but yes.. it's safe.

Missed that part.. but yes.. it's safe.
I agree though. You never want to run defrag on a SSD.

I agree though. You never want to run defrag on a SSD.
Windows 10 knows all about SSDs, and you probably should leave the built-in 'Optimise' enabled. It doesn't do a defrag as such, but it does some tidying up which is beneficial.

See this article.


So the answer to question 2 is that you should leave disk optimisation enabled.

it was fast before, but it is even faster now with the ssd drive

it was fast before, but it is even faster now with the ssd drive
Enjoy!

I would recommend you open Windows' "Optimize Drives" GUI, however, and just confirm that it shows your media type as "Solid state drive" - as long as that's listed correctly, you can just let it be.

I did look at that. is does say solid state drive

Just installed a ssd drive in my dell latitude e6410...