Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Annotation software



This software (see attachment) which has the marquee in the form of a 3D tube, is what I am looking for, so far unsuccessfully. It is used by posters on windowssh blog.

What is its name please?

Have a look at Screenpresso: The Ultimate Screen Capture Tool for Windows there is a free version.

or

Screenshot Captor - Software - DonationCoder.com

Jerry

Have a look at Screenpresso : The Ultimate Screen Capture Tool for Windows there is a free version.
As usual Jerry is right: that's the one I am using. I recognize OP's screenshot, it's part of a screenshot in Macrium tut I made so I can say with certainty that the highlight and pointer in OP's example are made with Screenpresso

As usual Jerry is right: that's the one I am using. I recognize OP's screenshot, it's part of a screenshot in Macrium tut I made so I can say with certainty that the highlight and pointer in OP's example are made with Screenpresso

Hi:

Another option is Snagit from Techsmith, based in the U.S.
Techsmith - Snagit

It is paid software, but:
  • Each license may be activated on up to 2 systems;
  • There are significant discounts for educational and similar users, and for renewals;
  • The software is EXTREMELY powerful and full-featured;
  • Support is excellent.


The current version (13.x) is fully Win10-compatible.

I use it every dayfor work and home, on multiple platforms (currently Win7 and Win10).

Cheers,
MM

{Screenpresso seems to have been designed with Snagit in mind.}

I used to use snagit but am a full screenpresso convert now.

Hi, John:

I used to use snagit but am a full screenpresso convert now.
It looks good. I may take it for a test drive.

Just curious...

What factors determined the switch?

How many systems per license?

Thanks!
MM

It's a few years since I switched but I think it was just better and prettier at making the types of "click here and here" screen shots that I need.

I've no idea on the licensing as I only use one PC to work, the laptop and surface are just for travel/emergencies so only need the basics.

It's also the app that Shawn uses for the tutorial screen shots.

Yes, their stamps/arrows/graphics do look a bit "fresher" than at least the default offerings for Snagit.
(There are additional stamps sets available through Techsmith and an affiliated 3rd-party vendor.)

I have 3 rigs, so Snagit may still be a better choice for me, unless 1 license can be used on more than 1 PC.
The pricing pageonly offers a 10% discount for 2 licenses.
I do not see a similar discount for 3 to 9 licenses.

But it still might be worth the cost.

Thanks!
MM

Annotation software