Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

I cannot login to the Microsoft Store


I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and I decided to add an app. I clicked on the store app and then picked the app I wanted and then clicked on Free. A menu came up that said choose account so I clicked on Microsoft Account and a screen popped up for about one second and then was gone. I then went up to the upper right hand of the screen and clicked on the icon to the left of the search window and clicked on Sign In, then I clicked on Microsoft Account and the same thing happened again, a screen popped up and then in a second it was gone. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?
Below is the screen I see for a few seconds before it goes away.
Also, when I go into Setting/Account and click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" the same thing happens.



I think I am the only person using Windows 10 that has this problem. The people I have talked to at Microsoft have not idea why this is happening. As it is now the apps portion of Windows 10 is useless for me, I might as well go back to Windows 7.

You have tried to update windows 10 to fix it?

You have tried to update windows 10 to fix it?
I have installed all the latest Windows 10 that I know of.

Hi lifejogger welcome to windowssh blog. Try this tutorial: Store - Re-register in Windows 10

Hi lifejogger welcome to windowssh blog. Try this tutorial: Store - Re-register in Windows 10
Thank you for your reply and your suggestion, unfortunately it did not work.
When I click on the pop up that says Choose Microsoft Account I get a pop up that is a blank screen and it goes away after a second. There is no place for me to enter my Microsoft account. See screenshot in first post.

And have you check your settings in the note:
Note: Make sure that you have the correct time zone, date, and time set to avoid the Store having syncing issues.

And have you check your settings in the note:
Time zone, date and time are correct.

Try copy & pasting the following into an admin command prompt:

net stop bits
net stop wuause
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
Ren %systemroot%SoftwareDistribution
SoftwareDistribution.bak
Ren %systemroot%system32catroot2 catroot2.bak
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
pause

Try copy & pasting the following into an admin command prompt:

net stop bits
net stop wuause
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
Ren %systemroot%SoftwareDistribution
SoftwareDistribution.bak
Ren %systemroot%system32catroot2 catroot2.bak
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
pause
Thank your for this suggestion, but I am sorry to say it did not work. I wonder if there is a program in my startup that could be causing this.?

I cannot login to the Microsoft Store