Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Can't download and update anything using the store in Windows 10 Home


Hello I have just upgraded to Windows 10, and I was trying to install Netflix and Skype and both of them weren't downloading. Then I clicked on the download icon in the top right and it showed a lot of downloads pending and a few were "Downloading" it said how big the install was and the progress. 0.0MB even after waiting it didn't go up a bit.

The situation:
I have an Ethernet connection directly to my router. I use windows 10 64 Bit version Home. I live in the Netherlands but in order to use Cortana changed Region to United states.
I have tried changing it back to Netherlands seeing if that would change anything but it didn't

I hope someone can help me fix this problem or let me know if it is a known bug.

Thanks in advance,
Pygesux

-=Edit=-
I have left the store running for a few hours now. Still nothing but I did get a message with a few apps "Give us a few minutes"
And when I click see details it shows an error code 0x8024001e

Same thing here: 50MB cable connection (using WiFi). Other programs have no trouble downloading at high speeds, Windows Store just hangs there. I can browse it and choose apps, but they never download. Updates are also not downloaded.
I've tried pausing all pending downloads (4) and restarting a new app download (Gmail Calendar), but the result is the same. It just hangs, waiting for nothing in particular.

I have fixed my problem. For me the thing causing it was sitecom cloud security. So i suggest turning all firewalls off and try again.

The only firewall I have is Windows firewall. I have checked the settings and Store is allowed through on all networks. Still not getting anywhere.

The only firewall I have is Windows firewall. I have checked the settings and Store is allowed through on all networks. Still not getting anywhere.
same thing is happening here.. dunno why

Maybe a related issue: Calendar never opens. I configured it with my Gmail account details and now the window just stays there and never shows anything but the icon image in large - absolutely no use. If I could at least see the dates, even without my appointments...

Still no progress. Not a single update downloads.

I have double checked the firewall and it has an exception for Windows Store. Am I missing something there?

Any other ideas of what might be causing this issue?

-- solved--

I googled some more and found something that made me think. I signed out of Windows store, then signed back in using the "new account option (instead of using the one Windows already remembered. Instead of allowing any app to sign in I kept it for just the current app - now my downloads are working, both in Store and in Update!

Can't download and update anything using the store in Windows 10 Home