Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Copy & Paste differences between Win. 7 & 10


I have several Windows systems!

2 x Windows 10 & 1 x Windows 7 Prof.

I noticed that when Copying and Pasting files in Windows 10, it doesn't appear to have the File check saying ' Newer ' (as does Win. 7 Prof) if the file to be copied over is Newer than the existing one?

I really like that method!

Windows 10 offers 3 Options but doesn't appear to be as useful as the Windows 7 Method!

Can I get Windows 10 to ALWAYS recognise if the File I am about to Copy over & Paste to a different folder is Newer than the existing one in that other Folder - File I would like to replace if it is Older?

Thanks

I think you have some other program installed on the Win 7 system, possibly Teracopy, that is generating the Newer choice. That's not part of the OS as far as I can see.

My laptop was running Win 7 for 1 year+ before it was upgraded to Win 10.
I never saw the " Newer" option in my Win 7.

Mine was a Home Premium edition, but I don't think that would make a difference.

Well I always had it on Windows 7 Home and it was definitely not an add-on.

Well I always had it on Windows 7 Home and it was definitely not an add-on.
Really ?
If you still have Win 7 Home, would you please post a screenshot on that?

Really ?
If you still have Win 7 Home, would you please post a screenshot on that?
If I have time later on tonight, I will swap drives back to 7 and try to get you a screenshot. Fair warning, it will be late tonight.

If I have time later on tonight, I will swap drives back to 7 and try to get you a screenshot. Fair warning, it will be late tonight.
Thank you.

Please see attached
 

Please see attached
Yes Sir, that's the perfect screenshot.
Thanks Composer, you saved me from the swap.

I love that Win. 7 format and is one big reason I am reluctant to change to Win. 10 on that particular machine!

Copy & Paste differences between Win. 7 & 10